International students – How to make a complaint

What to do if you have a complaint

When you come to Poland as an international student, you can expect to receive a high standard of education and feel safe and well cared for while you live and study here.
If you have a complaint, it is important that you take the following steps. Here is what you need to do.

 Ask your University to resolve your complaint

Your University is your first point of contact for any complaint you have.
They have a complaints process in place for you to go through, and they must inform you what that process is. Follow that process to see if your complaint can be resolved by your University.
You can submit your complaint query

 If your complaint is not resolved, contact The Ministry of Health or The Ministry of Education and Science
The Ministries are government institutions and while they may not assess your complaint, they can inform your University to investigate your concerns. The Ministries can also advise you on further courses of action.


Additionally you can contact the Student Ombudsman who operates as part of the Students’ Parliament of the Republic of Poland. The Student Ombudsman  intervenes in cases of violations of students’ rights at Universities and offers preventive activities to increase the awareness of students’ rights and qualifications. The Ombudsman for Student Rights is Mateusz Kuliński. If you need help or advice, you can contact the Ombudsman through the Office of the Student Ombudsman:
There is no cost to you for this service.

Wstawił:Adrian Kruba 2023-10-04 11:22:25
Zatwierdził:Ewa Krzyżanowska 2023-10-04
Sporządził:Ministerstwo Edukacji i Nauki 2023-10-04